POSITION: Training and Accreditation
TERM: Two years
TIME COMMITMENT: ~10 hours per month + 10 Board meetings per year
Are you a passionate trainer with experience in Fire and Emergency Services? Firefighters Without Borders is looking for a savvy leader to join our volunteer board heading up our Training & Accreditation team.
Specific Responsibilities for Training and Accreditation Committee:
- Develop and/or update Firefighters without Borders training programs and ensure such programs meet the NFPA or other appropriate standard.
- Provide oversight and expertise to ensure training programs are updated on a regular basis to reflect current practices, procedures and protocols.
- Chair the Training & Accreditation Committee
- Experience as a Senior Officer with a large Fire and Emergency Services Department.
- Professional expertise as a training officer with a fire department or as an instructor for fire-related programs.
- Experience in developing and implementing training programs.
- Experience organizing and executing Public Education Initiatives.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in areas of board governance and project management is considered an asset.
- Previous board experience is considered an asset.
Board Member Responsibilities:
A Director is fully informed on organizational matters, and participates in the Board’s deliberations and decisions in matters of policy, finance, risk programs, and advocacy. He/she serves in a volunteer capacity without remuneration. The Director shall:
- Have a commitment to and understanding of the purpose, policies and programs of the organization. Be an active and committed participant in the affairs of the organization.
- Approve, where appropriate, policy and other recommendations received from the Board and its standing committees.
- Attend all board meetings: review agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
- Monitor all Board policies: being informed of, and striving to meet all legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Participate in the development of Firefighter Without Borders’ organizational plan and annual review.
- Approve the annual budget, audit reports and review monthly activities as presented in the monthly financial statements.
- Participate in one or more Board Committees.
- Participate in Firefighters Without Borders fundraising/special events.